Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chicago Restaurant Week: Smith and Wollensky

Happy Saturday! Kristen here. So yesterday was the start of Chicago Restaurant Week, and to kick it off and to celebrate my dear friend Melody's 23rd birthday, we went to Smith and Wollensky! And it was wonderful. To start off, it was a great deal. $22 for a three course meal next to the River?? Yes, please! Not only was it a great deal, but we got lucky and were seated by the window, giving us a great view. Thank the Lord for a clear sunny day! 


Got some garlic rolls shortly after ordering. We both tried to eat only one piece so we wouldn't be too full, but we couldn't resist and ate two each. 

First course: Split Pea Soup

Second course: Melody had the Butcher Burger while I had the Pan Seared Salmon. 

I don't have a picture of our dessert, unfortunately, but we got coconut cake, and it was very very good. We were stuffed after eating half of our entrees so we took our leftovers + coconut cake slices to go. 


What Melody and I have going on is actually pretty cool and uncommon, in my opinion. We met in 8th grade (10 years ago!) and have been friends since, with the exception of a short break in between. Post college, we got back in contact, and now we grab lunch almost every other Friday in the city. I don't think I have many friends I keep in contact to this extent! <3 

What a fun and tasty way to spend an afternoon! 

xoxo, Kristen

1 comment:

Design by | SweetElectric